The 2022 IAPN CONGRESS in Mallorca
The Congress of the International Association of Professional Numismatists
The 2022 Congress of the International Association of Professional Numismatists (IAPN) took place from Thursday, 26 May to Sunday, 29 May. This year, members of the IAPN met in Palma de Mallorca.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL NUMISMATISTS – IAPN
The International Association of Professional Numismatists was founded in 1951 in Geneva. Nowadays, the IAPN brings together more than 114 numismatic companies from five continents and 23 countries.
Each member must follow the strict rules of the IAPN, which concern:
- protecting and preserving our numismatic heritage,
- fostering a healthy numismatic marketplace governed by strict ethical standards,
- promoting scientific research and greater public knowledge of numismatics, and
- encouraging fellowship among numismatists of all nations.
In support of these goals, IAPN members pledge to:
- guarantee the authenticity of all items offered for sale,
- guarantee that all items sold have a verified record of ownership,
- accurately describe numismatic items,
- fulfill all contractual obligations in a proper and timely manner,
- support and facilitate the interchange of numismatic information and ideas in support of numismatic research and the dissemination of numismatic knowledge.
Macho & Chlapovič is the only company in the region of Slovakia and the Czech Republic to have met these demanding criteria for admission to the International Association of Professional Numismatists (IAPN).
President of the IAPN, Daniel F. Sedwick
IAPN CONGRESS Mallorca 2022
The Congress in Palma de Mallorca was held in a working but also friendly spirit. Our company was represented by Elizej Macho and Dušan Ivanič. In Mallorca, they met with numismatists from all over the world, which gave them the opportunity to discuss important issues within the numismatic market and new trends, but also to create and strengthen mutual friendships. We believe our company benefits greatly from its membership in the IAPN, especially in terms of deepening professional international cooperation and relationships, so that our service to local clients is always at an unparalleled level. As members of the IAPN, we can advise and assist each other and have access to experts and museum collections in several countries.